dinsdag, december 20, 2005

Day 4 and 5


Jeez. It makes me tired just thinking about how much work we've done. One of the ongoing projects was the wall downstairs. Make that plural. The walls. The worst was this one.
By the end of the day, the framing was up for the new living room wall.

And we had our first dinner in our new house. Bente brought us a wonderful picnic that we ate ... hmmm ... I want to say that we ate it right off the floor, but that doesn't sound quite right. So instead I'll say that we had our first dinner in our new house. And although we had chairs, we didn't have a table.

After the 20 minute bike ride into Utrecht, we hit the hay. We were back at it the next morning - up early, and after the bike ride back we got to work hanging sheetrock.
This was the only wall that was so damaged we opted to sheetrock over it rather than to just repair the plaster. Were we to do it over again, I would vote to plaster. The technique I used on the finished walls would have lent itself to that, but I'm getting ahead of myself.



Meanwhile, upstairs the bedroom walls were stripped. (And although I loved this light fixture, Ian used his veto power. As you'll see later, he was probably right...)

We had great weather while we were working. This is looking out of the South bedroom.