vrijdag, december 16, 2005

I'm Back

Kind of.
The house is nearly done, I'm back from the U.S., Ian is back from Scotland and Sweden, and defended his PhD here just a couple of days ago brilliantly.
Although I'm sure you're on the verge of blocking off all next week so you can read all about it and lose yourself in the pictures of the house progress and trips, I'm a little wiped out. Bear with me. I've got stories to tell and pictures to show.
Until then, I can't tell you how happy Ian and I are that we have nothing huge looming over us.
Oh - except that my house in Kansas . . .

has not sold, is not rented and I've got no one to housesit for me. I had two people say they would stay in it, but they both changed their minds.

I think I'm going to take it off the market and become a non-resident slum lord for a while.
Again.
Sigh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

I'll recall the search party. Here in NY, we nearly gave you up for lost. We thought you were abducted by aliens or something. Good to have you back.

6:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

What, noone is jumping at the chance to move to the same town as fun Fred and the Phelps family? The house looks nice enough. Too bad that is unresolved. You must like to putter around in the garden.

7:15 p.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

Thanks Walt. It's good to be back. The trip was, well, a trip. I wasn't prepared and got hit pretty hard with culture shock. It's funny - I never felt that after moving here, but when I went back to the States I got it bad. After a week, I felt ok, though.
And as for you, mizez slocombe, how IS Paris? Can't wait to talk with you...
And Jim - the house is in Wichita - several hours from Fred and his clan of ... well, you know. I'm hoping the house situation will resolve itself. Call me an optimist.

11:43 p.m.  

Een reactie posten

<< Home