vrijdag, oktober 15, 2004

A few details

No pictures yet, and I haven't even started packing. I think Ian and I will probably do that tomorrow morning. Early. [Wrong. He made me do it tonight. It's always a suprise living with this man...] The train leaves at like 7 am or some ungodly hour.

We had dinner here last night with a couple of Ian's colleagues. He has surrounded himself with some really great people. I made a chicken curry, from a recipe that originated with Tanya's Soup Kitchen. (As an aside, I can't imagine Wichita without that place.) Anyway, the meal turned out ok, but there were many last minute substitutions. And I'm about out of Bolst's curry powder. What a sad day that will be.

Worse, though, I'm completely out of Brooks Brothers cologne. And they won't ship it overseas. Apparently it's against the law to ship cologne because of the alcohol content. Grrrrr.

I just talked with Vicki - she's rented my house. I'm very happy about that. She says the girls she's rented to are lovely. One is very Goth, but apparently uses red eye shadow instead of black. My house will be their first rental. I think this information was supposed to make me feel good. I tust it will all work out. I'm just glad it's rented. It's been worrisome having a house sit vacant.

Labels: ,