vrijdag, februari 03, 2006

Bike clean up

All the work on the house has taken its toll. My back is a mess. Luckily, I've found a really great manual therapist. He says my spine is torqued and is putting me through some excrutiating pain to get it straightened out. I think it's helping. He says the migraines I have been having for the past who knows how many years should go away, which would be wonderful. I've been twice now, and he thinks it'll be cleared up in another two visits.
Anyway, I went today for my second visit. I left a little early, so decided to bike down the Oudegracht and stop in at the library. As I came back, I saw a sight that probably isn't very common anywhere but here. As it turns out, an unreal number of bikes somehow end up in the canals. As a result, they're routinely sccoped out of the canals by canal boats.


I watched for awhile, then went to the doctor to be put through, well, more pain than Kisten ever put me through, for those of you who have experienced her. I have really missed her massages from hell. The nice thing about this guy, though, is that our health insurance covers him. So for a while now, I'll get a massage on Wednesday from a fysiotherapist, then get the real deal from this guy on Friday. And it's all covered.
I love this country.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

Good to have you back and posting again. The pictures are great!

10:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

Are you still doing yoga? I wouldn't have guessed you would be a candidate for severe back pain. However I can relate to what you describe - it happened to me after I cleaned out the basement and moved all kinds of heavy stuff. In the morning I couldn't even get out of bed and sort of panicked. I still have some occurrences of back pain, but nothing like back then.

6:56 p.m.  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey walt - great photos and storied from your trip! My best to both of you...

Jim - I do some yoga, but not nearly as much as I used to. I think most of the pain comes from the overhead work I've done. I'm getting lots better, and am looking forward to being able to practice again.

9:34 p.m.  

Een reactie posten

<< Home